The Staff Embedded Engineer in Advanced Technology/Products will be involved in the early evaluation and development of new technologies that support our diverse product line. The Staff Engineer will create and evaluate new control algorithms, embedded software, and circuit design to support new technology development. This person will create technology roadmaps and contribute to the development of our future product strategies. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Create new algorithms, embedded software, software and test specifications.
- Circuit design and Schematic Capture using tools such as Altium.
- Hardware bench and system testing.
- Maintain knowledge of the current technical state and innovations relative to embedded technology and firmware.
- Create and maintain technology roadmaps.
- Contribute to the development of our future product roadmaps and strategies.
- Conduct Risk Assessments, FMEA/DFMEA and Design Reviews.
- Support product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize complex and advanced designs for manufacturability.
- Mentor and teach less experienced engineers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or directly equivalent degree
- 10 years of relevant work experience or advanced degree equivalency in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of work or project experience in the design and development of PCB electronics and firmware.
- Use of simulation tools such as MATLAB/Simulink and SPICE.
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or directly equivalent degree
- 2 years of experience with power generation products
- 2 years of experience in design of industrial/automotive electronics and controls
- Experience with designing to meet agency compliance such as UL, CSA, NEC, CE, FCC, NFPA and EPA.