Our client is a leading pharmacy benefit manager. They continue to experience substantial growth by capitalizing on new and existing market opportunities and improved product offerings. Business growth and financial success are supported by the continued investment in technology, a commitment to operational excellence, and their workforce.
Under general direction and using independent judgement, this position is responsible for architecture, design, and development of software to include requirements analysis, software design, coding, software integration, testing, debug, and maintenance. The Software Engineer III will also consult with clients and customers to determine business needs. This position handles a variety of work including the most complex issues using good practice programming techniques and SCRUM/Agile methodologies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Determine advanced systems software design requirements including researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. Communicate with users to gain understanding of needed modifications to existing programs and processes. Solves complex technical problems.
- Develop new applications and software systems based on pre-existing specifications. Maintain and modify existing systems and applications.
- May manage project team and is responsible for collaborating with and training cross-functional team members within the SCRUM/Agile framework.
- Provide occasional on-call support and problem resolution of software issues and perform initial diagnosis of complex hardware issues.
- Identify and analyze difficult and sometimes complex business needs, conduct requirements gathering, and define scope and objectives for IT systems, software applications, or ServiceNow platforms.
- May configure, customize, diagnose, and enhance vendor systems software (e.g., operating systems software and utilities that manage access to peripherals, facilitate networking, manage memory allocation, manage file storage on hard drives, etc.)
- Ensure that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Assist with the development of systems software engineering policies, standards, and procedures.
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solve complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Work independently; receive minimal guidance. Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May configure, customize, or maintain multiple system environments including production, staging, and development.
- Provides guidance to less experienced software engineers or other IT employees
- Complete other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years of demonstrated experience in full software development life cycle, SCRUM/Agile methodologies, including but not limited to successful deployments as lead.
- Experience with Docker preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with secure coding practices, and state and federal information security laws, including but not limited to HIPAA, NIST, PCI and all other applicable regulations.
- Prior pharmacy/medical claim experience preferred.
- Effectively manage multiple projects concurrently while maintaining a high level of attention to detail on each project.
- Adaptable to change and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong problem analysis skills to include the use of mathematical concepts to validate results.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Clear and concise communication with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and interpret the operational requirements of end users.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal direction.
- Strong programming design and development skills using Microsoft Visual Studio and Visual Code, or other modern developer tools.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office to include Access and VBA.
- Superior skills with Jira or Azure Boards and complex DevOps practices.
- Ability to write SQL Queries against complex database structures and to format and generate reports as requested.
- Superior skills with ServiceNow development, configuration, customization, and the ability to effectively communicate the abilities and recommended best practices of the ServiceNow platform in relation to proposed solutions and requests.
Our client employees are working onsite. Client is committed to the safety of their employees and contractors. They have updated all operating policies to adhere to CDC recommended and WI mandated safety measures.
TotalTek is a minority-owned Technology Company specializing in IT and Engineering solutions. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation combined with our onshore and offshore capabilities offer unparalleled delivery options for our clients. We live our core value of Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike – it’s why we know TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.