Summary: As a member of the Electronics team, the Electronics Engineer III – Senior Engineer will be involved in all aspects of new product designs. This will include not just an understanding of embedded firmware, but also of the physics behind the designs themselves. The firmware engineer will be specifically involved in the design and development of new control algorithms, and system testing both in lab and on real products. This is an opportunity to use or extend your firmware knowledge into tangible systems.
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes;
- Create software specifications;
- Design new software modules and developing supporting documentation;
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates test specifications for new systems.
- Maintain existing software and documentation;
- Participate in FMEA/DFMEA and design reviews;
- Supervise project documentation, test procedures, manuals etc.;
- Design new control algorithm and Applications Engineering;
- Collaborate with internal product partners, designers, and product specialists to optimize more complex specifications for integration.
- Test new hardware designs via custom software;
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline including embedded firmware/software and electronics;
- 5+ years of demonstrated relevant work experience
- Use and understanding of interrupt structures;
- Real time firmware experience using microcontrollers and RTOS;
- Knowledge of microprocessor hardware interfacing techniques, such as Ethernet, IIC, SPIbus, EEprom, Flash, RS232/485, analog interfaces, etc.;
- Knowledge of control systems using PID loops;
- Design to meet agency compliance such as UL, CSA, NEC, CE, NFPA, EPA
- Creating PC based testing tools (in software)