Reporting to the Director of Engineering, The Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer will design, develop and validate of electronic subsystems supporting our energy storage and power converter systems. The Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer will create and evaluate new algorithms, embedded software, and circuit design to support the projects.
- Create new algorithms, embedded software, software specifications and testing specifications for battery monitoring systems (BMS) and power converters.
- Circuit design and Schematic Capture using tools such as Altium.
- PCB bench and system testing.
- Contribute to the development of our future product roadmaps and strategies.
- Conduct Risk Assessments, FMEA/DFMEA and Design Reviews.
- Support product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize complex and advanced designs for manufacturability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or directly equivalent degree
- 7 years of relevant work experience or advanced degree equivalency in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of work or project experience in the design and development of PCB electronics and firmware.
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- 2 years of experience with power generation products
- 2 years of experience in design of industrial/automotive electronic control systems and assemblies
- Experience with designing to meet agency compliance such as UL, CSA, NEC, CE, FCC, NFPA and EPA