Under general supervision, this position provides analytical, quantitative, and financial cost modeling assistance in support of Sales, Account Management, and the management team. Assists with development of externally facing pricing materials, including responding to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), generating renewal pricing proposals, and generating new business pricing proposals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assist in preparation and development of new business and renewal pricing proposals and supporting documentation.
- Assist in analytical, quantitative, and financial cost modeling for clients in collaboration with senior members of the team, Strategic Account Executives, and Clinical Account Executives.
- Assist in performing variance analysis reports for newly implemented and renewed clients to measure accuracy of forecasts and identify potential risks to the company’s financial interests.
- Assist in development and formulation of pricing related programs for new and existing clients and provide analytical consultation for project work where needed.
- Assist the proposal team with responding to complex RFPs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist in the annual budgeting process for new business revenue and cost of sales and perform variance analysis on monthly performance of new business against budgeted amounts.
- Maintain financial and operational dashboards related to new business and renewals, including key profitability metrics and interactive reports.
- May provide technical direction to support staff. Use existing procedures to solve routine and non-routine problems. Has limited discretion to vary from established procedures by performing structured work assignments. Receives instruction, guidance, and direction from others.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience; concentration in math, statistics, or actuarial science preferred.
- Previous related experience preferred (e.g. complex analysis within Excel, basic knowledge of SQL, R, Python, and/or PowerBI).
- Statistical/analytical analysis in healthcare field and/or analysis of claims data preferred.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Solid presentation skills including written, visual and verbal formats to a variety of internal audiences.
- Strong technology skills, including MS Excel, MS Word, and self-service query and reporting tools.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to listen critically and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Solid problem analysis skills to include the use of mathematical concepts to validate results.
- Developing analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy.