Our client is a leading pharmacy benefit manager who continues to experience substantial growth by capitalizing on new and existing market opportunities and improved product offerings. Business growth and financial success are supported by the continued investment in technology, a commitment to operational excellence, and their workforce.
Under limited supervision, the Systems Administrator II handles routine and non-routine issues with servers, networks, phone system and disaster recovery plans. Ensures the security of operating systems. Provides support for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment such as application servers, database servers, web servers, desktops, printers, and storage devices. Performs recovery procedures, scheduling, and back-ups. May provide leadership and mentoring for Technical Support roles and desktop technologies. This is a Direct Hire role.
- Build, configure, install, maintain and upgrade difficult but usually not complex server operating systems and hardware. Responsible for server environment and platform including data protection, off-site data management. May provide support for Systems Administrator III.
- Develop, test, and validate security solutions on devices such as web servers, mail servers, file servers, routers, and firewalls. May evaluate and implement software fixes (patches) to address system vulnerabilities. May manage secondary disaster recovery location including server copies and data as well as server security and authorizations.
- Provide technical expertise in the management of network; test and analyze network facilities, including network control software, routers, switches, lines, modems, adapters, and servers. Perform technical analyses of software, hardware and transmission facilities using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient network operations. Monitor data traffic and control network resource performance to ensure high-quality transmission. Identify, diagnose and resolve technical problems related to network failure/integrity.
- Assist with the administration and support for email applications to ensure that the system's integrity and security are not compromised. Provide assistance with set-up and configuration for e-mail services including mailbox provisioning and address book, e-mail filtering and white listing, secure e-mail, and e-mail archive. Provide assistance with provider/vendor relationships for email including email set up and maintenance troubleshooting/opening tickets, and e-mail licensing.
- Ensure consistent internet connectivity between offices, effective firewalls and security, and strong filters for web traffic. Handle telecommunication connections including phone voice traffic over data circuits, provider management, troubleshooting/opening tickets with providers.
- May provide assistance with license management for servers, phone system, and networks.
- Provide technical support for the phone system including servers, on-premise system, troubleshooting, opening tickets, recording greetings for the call center, changes to call routing, call quality, call recording, agent desktop for logins, new queues, changes to the routing as needed, and monitoring incoming and outgoing traffic. Escalate more difficult issues to senior level administrator.
- Disaster recovery duties include servers, networks, phone system, PCs, secondary site maintenance, and regular exercises to prepare for disaster.
- May work with a variety of third-party vendors including vendors for system and network changes, hardware, email systems, all servers, equipment, security, and other areas covered by this position. This includes evaluating proposals.
- Build knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers. Solve a range of straightforward problems. Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures. Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years of previous related experience.
- Knowledge of server operating systems and virtualization, databases, and networks/security.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and interpret the requirements of end users.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional.
- Clear and concise communication with strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical staff; ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Respect and discipline for confidentiality. Know and comply with company policies and regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Occasional (up to 10%) travel may be required based on business need.
Our client is committed to the safety of their employees. Currently, all employees are working remotely. Ultimately, they hope to return to the office following CDC recommended safety measures.
TotalTek is a Technology Company providing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve clients. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.