Our client has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
- Reducing internal machining scrap costs by implementing effective casting qualification processes and performing root cause / corrective action for casting defects
- Performing effective and compliant supplier quality system audits
- Ensuring on-time and accurate submission of quality audit reports
- Managing the external audit schedule to ensure audits are completed within specified intervals
- Documenting supplier corrective action requests and verifying effectiveness of actions implemented
- Reviewing and approving supplier material certifications
- Qualifying new suppliers and new supplier processes
- Assessing supplier process controls to ensure product is manufactured to meet requirements
- Performing product source inspections at supplier sites
- Leading the Supplier Quality Assurance activities of the Quality team to achieve business objectives
- Performing internal quality system audits and implementing improvements to make the quality system more efficient and effective
- Maintaining and authoring relevant ISO compliant procedures as they pertain to the Supplier Quality function
- Reducing costs through participation in company-wide lean initiatives
- A minimum of 8 years working in a foundry, with direct experience in casting quality control. With less than
- 8 years of foundry experience a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or an ASQ Certified Quality Engineer is required Experience performing supplier quality audits in different manufacturing environments, including supply chain improvement
- Demonstrated ability to implement new processes into the ISO9001:2015 quality management system that result in continual improvement of supplier performance
- Ability to work within an ISO system and perform documentation in that system
- Ability to read and understand technical blueprints, including weld symbology, and GD&T
- A high degree of problem-solving skills through application of basic quality tools, along with root-cause analysis
- Experience with MAGMASOFT or other computer simulation tools for improving metal casting quality and optimizing casting process conditions.
- Experience auditing welding program quality requirements
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt with proven lean manufacturing experience
- ASQ certified quality auditor or certified nuclear lead auditor
- Fabrication skills or exposure to fabrication, machining, welding, casting or and forging
- Travel a minimum of 50% of the time to perform supplier audits and support supplier improvement activities
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.