Our client was the first to engineer affordable home standby generators, along with the first engine developed specifically for the rigors of generator use, and is now the #1 manufacturer of home backup generators.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio of new and existing technologies and their applications to future products.
- Provide mechanical engineering support to team members including structural design, material selection, thermal management, manufacturing techniques and NVH.
- Produce models and drawings required for the procurement of necessary components for development of prototypes and demonstrators.
- Conduct DFMEAs, design reviews and failure investigations
- Create prototypes/demonstrators for selected technologies and complete feasibility following an optimized DVP&R.
- Maintain a data base of state of the art technologies and trends relative to Internal Combustion engines, material science, thermal management, NVH and achieve a deep understanding of competitors’ products and technical capabilities.
- Establish and maintain key external relationships with consultants, suppliers, national laboratories and Academic partners to understand technology trends and increase organization’s technical capabilities.
- Establish himself as a mentor to less experienced members of the organization.
- Master of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with internal combustion engine design and development including combustion, fuels and controls.
- Experienced in structural design and thermal management.
- Experience with CAD and/or CAE systems
- Strong ability to communicate across the department as well with internal and external stakeholders.