About TotalTek Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, TotalTek is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
- Creates mechanical designs and drawings showing product details, dimensions and structures and includes materials and manufacturing procedures using 3D CADD software (SolidWorks)
- Develops 3D CADD models and drawings for the product line
- Ensures that all drawings are detailed, accurate, complete and in accordance with customer requirements and company procedures
- Delivers all drawings, illustrations and models according to schedules and deadlines set by customers and Engineering Department Management
- Contributes innovative ideas, skills and work product as part of a small project group and as an individual
- Utilizes Solid Modeling, Product Data Management (PDM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software as a routine course of business and demonstrates a willingness and ability for continued learning and skills advancement
- Analyzes customer, mechanical, structural and regulatory requirements to develop practical, effective and complete vertical lifting solutions
- Converts verbal and written information into 2-dimentional drawings for use in the product manufacturing process
- Keeps work environment clean, safe and positive
- Primary focus of all business related efforts are and must remain that of promoting excellence in all the products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires a Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field of study
- Requires three (3) to five (5) years of mechanical design experience in fabrication, heavy equipment or related manufacturing industry with proven success in developing engineering drawings and applying engineering manufacturing principles
- Requires a working knowledge of the following: 3D CADD software (SolidWorks preferred), 3DVIA documentation software, Finite Element analysis software (SolidWorks Simulation and Algor by AutoDesk), Dynamic Analysis software (multi-body physics) (SolidWorks Motion for 3D and Design Simulation Technologies Working Model for 2D)
- Requires proficiency with PDM and ERP software
- Requires mechanical engineering expertise in the following: Mechanical power transmission (gears, chains, shafts, bearings, motors, belts, sprockets, etc.; Hydraulic power systems (pumps, motors, cylinders, valves, servo-hydraulics, etc. ; Structural steel design and fabrication (welding, structural analysis, fasteners, etc.; Analysis testing (data acquisition and analysis, machinery testing and data, finite element analysis, dynamic analysis)
- Requires a solid understanding of mechanics to develop designs and drawings w/product details, dimensions and structures and indicate materials and manufacturing procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.