The Sr. Mobile Developer is a critical member of our software product team developing iPhone, Android and web apps that will enable IoT devices. This isn’t an average position where you might be restricted to one small piece of the applications existing technology but the opportunity to create engaging software as part of a commercial product.
You’ll need to be advanced in mobile device API’s, web technologies, hosting infrastructures, and design patterns. Working closely with the application architect you’ll be responsible for the on-time delivery of functionality contained within the sprint, assist with backlog grooming, perform development activities, drive continuous integration/build, automated unit testing, design standards and agile development best practices.
This position is expected to be able to breakdown highly technical challenges and act as a technical leader in support of mentoring junior software developers on the team.
- Write code to develop new applications and enhancements to existing web and mobile applications using best practice design patterns to ensure robust scalability
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of the product API with external API consumers
- Implement application designs that meet market needs and are easily extended with evolving business needs
- Review project ideas and provide technology input, prescribing appropriate application solutions which balance business requirements with Generac’s technology standards to arrive at the optimal solution
- Maintain technical expertise in emerging technical trends
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- 5 years’ experience in commercial software development in one or more of the following roles: Software Developer, Software Engineer, Systems Analyst, or equivalent
- Prior experience leading or mentoring technical employees
- Prior development experience including: web, API, database, cloud, and mobile applications
- Experience building code using .NET stack
- Experience in event-based systems, micro services, JS UI frameworks, and unit testing
- Data modeling experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient understanding of secure coding practices
- Ability to utilize OpenID (OIDC) and/or OAuth2 authentication flows
- Prior use of CI/CD principles
- Advanced knowledge of application development
- Ability to work as part of large implementation team that executes in agile fashion
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills