Sr. BI & SQL Developer
The BI Developer role is responsible for reporting and analyzing operating performance through Power BI dashboard development. The exposure this role provides will build a strong foundation for larger and broader responsibilities within the client. This role will work heavily in Power BI to develop reports and dashboards.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proactive in building positive relationships among team members and other functions with which the team interacts. Ability to express thoughts and findings clearly and succinctly (both written and orally); tailors communications for different audiences; listens well and effectively contributes to discussions; makes technical points understandable. Provide the Operations team with actionable information that drives decision-making
- Identify and improve the quality, accuracy, completeness of underlying data used by the plants (i.e., scrap, efficiency metrics, labor utilization) leveraging tools such as Analysis, PowerBI, etc.
- Conduct operational analysis and provide month-end reporting, process improvement, and ad hoc support in a dynamic business environment; Support efforts to effectively analyze and communicate monthly operational results to key Operations stakeholders
- Establishes priorities and deadlines, assesses resources, and defines next steps.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Develop daily/weekly/monthly tracking for the plants (asset efficiency/downtime, scrap performance, energy usage, overtime, etc.)
- Collaborate with IT to improve reporting/dashboard functionality and drive automation
- Work with subject matter experts to clearly scope projects and thoroughly understand the context and data available to address the problem at hand.
- Subject-matter expert in systems (Power BI, BusinessObjects, SAP, etc.) and master data management
Experience developing fairly complex reports and dashboards in Power BI, Tableau, or similar tools
- Strong business analytics skills experience collecting, organizing, analyzing and transforming data into insights
- Experience with dimensional data modeling and data visualization
- Good understanding of relational database concepts
- Experience in developing dashboards/visualizations
- IT systems experience and aptitude; Power BI, DAX, Excel
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong work ethic with ability to leverage others and work in a cross functional environment
- Self-initiative and commitment to excellence
- Effective communicator