Senior Project Manager
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Management Office
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager who will manage end-to-end delivery of multiple projects with varying size and complexity. These projects are complex, cross-functional and often global in nature. This role will lead and coordinate project resources to ensure milestones are met and the project is delivered on schedule and within budget while maintaining the highest standard of quality. This role will require leveraging the best practices from Waterfall SDLC and Agile frameworks to deliver value in short increments in partnership with Business and IT delivery teams.
This role will have the responsibility for managing day-to-day activities of project team members as well as serving as a PMO expert and coaching the team as needed.
Below is a high-level summary of the responsibilities:
- Manage end-to-end project lifecycle starting from project pre-work, project planning, project kickoff, project execution, production launch and project closure
- Develop and manage project resource management plans
- Build and manage project plans with clearly identified critical path, project deliverables with corresponding completion dates
- Manage delivery of key milestones with project team members (internal and vendor teams) to meet according to planned schedule
- Control the project scope, resources, and quality within budget and schedule to meet objectives
- Manage issues and risks proactively towards timely resolution. Escalate and/or communicate effectively to senior executives to drive resolution
- Prepare status reports and performance dashboards to effectively communicate in formal and informal setting including executive steering committee
- Manage and track project budget/variance for expense and capital dollars and comfortable with project spend forecast
- Identify and manage dependencies across projects and programs
- Manage Project execution methodology, test cycles, test plans and coordinate test execution events with cross functional teams. Succinctly communicate test execution update and drive resolution of defects to ensure exit criteria are met
- Create, organize, and manage all required project documentation
- Build relationships with stakeholders, vendor partners and project teams to effectively manage and deliver quality projects
- Propose changes to project methodologies, frameworks, and promote best practices for continuous process improvement
- Build, motivate and lead project teams; instils a mindset of collaboration and continuous process improvement
- Foster collaboration across other inter dependent projects or product teams (Agile and Waterfall) to remove impediments and dependencies
- Resolve conflicts and broker negotiations between Business, IT and Vendor when needed
- May require managing project discovery/plan phase to define project scope, charter, To Be processes, Business requirements, Key deliverables, and project estimates in support of business goals while working with IT BSM (Business Solution Manager) and Business champion for approvals
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field required
- 8+ years Professional Experience as Technology Project Manager
- Scrum Master certification or experience preferred
- Familiarity with project management in one or more IT functional areas required.
- Project Management certification is a plus, but not required. Emphasis is on demonstrated use of CMM, PMI, Agile, etc.
- Working knowledge of agile framework such as Scrum or Kanban to deliver end to end solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills