Senior Embedded Software Engineer
The Senior Embedded Software Engineer primary role is to evaluate camera hardware and software for camera and vision products. This includes SoCs, sensors, and software, such as vision libraries. In addition, the Senior Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for developing embedded system hardware and software for other Cedar product categories such as radar detectors and CB radios.
- Evaluate camera hardware and software for camera and vision products, then work with external partners to design into Cedar products.
- Design embedded system hardware and firmware based on product requirements for consumer electronics devices.
- Collaborate with software platform developers, app developers, and hardware engineers to optimize performance, features, cost and time to market.
- Work with product management team on product specifications.
- Responsible for designing and supporting a product through the entire life-cycle.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience developing and troubleshooting embedded systems.
- 3+ years of experience with embedded Linux including initial board bring-up and kernel modifications.
- Solid programming experience in C, C++, and C#.
- Experience with communication protocols such as RS232, SPI, I2C, ethernet, etc.
- Experience with using software version control tools such as SVN or GIT.
- Experience implementing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Classic, and/or Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Experience developing with ARM Cortex-A processors.
- Experience with implementing USB interfaces on embedded systems
- Experience with machine learning/artificial intelligence.