Seeking a Senior Data Engineer. This position will be part of the Technology Solutions team based in Green Bay, WI. We are seeking an individual who is passionate about building data solutions. This person will be well versed in Cloud and advanced analytics technologies and architecture. This role will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and work across all product service offerings.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and build data processing components and systems utilizing GCP compute technologies.
- Design requirement driven data models.
- Build data pipelines using distributed computing technologies.
- Work closely with data scientists to develop and build data science and analytical products that integrate real time data sources.
- Acquire, analyze, combine, synthesize and store data from a wide range of internal and external sources.
- Build and test CI/CD deployment pipelines for data system components.
What qualities we are looking for:
- An individual who is passionate about data engineering and building data driven products.
- An individual who strives for excellence with a laser focus on team communication and facilitation of ideas.
- An individual with a proactive attitude who works well in a fast-paced team environment.
- An individual who communicates and collaborates well with IT and business teams.
- A critical thinker with good problem-solving skills and an ability to multi-task.
- Strong communication skills to express oneself clearly both verbally and in writing. Persistent, active listening skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of project issues.
- An individual that can work both at the strategic level and at the tactical level, holding others accountable while building team rapport and engagement.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships throughout the organization.
Qualifications and skills:
- 8+ years of experience in data engineering or related field
- Deep understanding of distributed data management systems and related applications
- Mastery of data lake design and implementation considerations such as columnar storage formats and partitioning
- Experience building and automating data system components that enable data acquisition, cleansing, and persistence engineering; monitoring the performance of data analysis and system components and versioning of data snapshots, data lineage, schemas, and overall database systems
- Deployment through a CI/CD pipeline
- Automated analysis optimizations based on performance metrics
- Strong Python and cloud compute skills
- Experience with GCP technologies or related Cloud technology experience
- Experience with analytics tools such as Apache Beam, Spark, JupyterLab, etc.
- Experience with modern infrastructure as code technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, Terrraform, and Airflow
- Experience with modern CI/CD pipeline technologies involving git repositories, static code analysis, test-driven development etc.
- Experience in the full data engineering life-cycle, from business understanding to building operational systems.
- Understanding and experience navigating all types of database models and DBMS's.
- Must have excellent communication skills and can execute alone but is an awesome team player.
- Big picture approach a plus – able to incorporate business understanding into design and approach to achieve current value and prepare for future benefit.
- Consulting experience a plus – role includes client-facing meetings and communication.
- Excellent teamwork, coordination, influencing and communication skills.
- Ability to develop timely and effective solutions for challenging design problems.
- B.S. degree in related field.