Senior Cloud Engineer – Clean Energy
- You will contribute to the building, testing, deployment, and operation of cloud native applications that support more sophisticate use for energy solar and storage products. In addition to this new development, you will help to streamline our existing services and manage cloud services for the operation of our IoT fleet growth.
- Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as, a belief that data driven processes lead to great products. You will need to have a passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems.
- Above all you should be passionate about solving real world problems and bringing value to the applications you create.
- Develop and maintain API endpoints to enable partner, user-facing, and internal monitoring and control applications
- Harden existing IoT network and micro services to meet growing customer demand while maintaining legacy compatibility
- Provided architecture and design expertise for developing new services that are flexible and extensible enough to fill future technical requirements
- Develop communications technologies for interfacing with utility grid operators
- Able to prioritize effectively the demands for tight deliverable deadlines and high-quality thresholds on software projects
- Work with firmware engineers and technical support to design system features
- Strives to build a culture around excellence in engineering and continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of Production Experience with Golang or Java
- 3+ years of Experience with various AWS services (EC2, S3, Lambda, Kinesis, EMR,
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
- Strong knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data stores
- Proficient in CI/CD tools and processes
- Adept in building microservices and developing REST APIs
- Ability to lead projects from inception to production
- Background in Electrical Engineering
- Strong communication skills and commitment to teamwork
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Proven leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices