Our client is a leading distributor of industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. As an essential business, they are currently experiencing significant growth and are a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
The Quality Assurance – Data Warehouse will plan and execute Data Warehouse testing.
- Plan and execute testing activities for Data Warehouse project.
- Create and execute tests of ETL processes.
- Validate data quality.
- Test downstream consumption of reports, calculations, etc.
- Develop, execute and maintain test plans, test scenarios, test suites and test cases.
- Support testing efforts as a part of Agile/ Scrum teams.
- Provide estimates associated with testing activities and tasks.
- Facilitate the Defect Management and triage process for assigned projects
- Collaborate with the business and development teams to troubleshoot and resolve defects and other related issues
- Partner with Solution Analysts and Project Managers to ensure requirements are documented, understood, testable, and accurately tested.
- Track and report on test status using established QA metrics and KPIs for assigned projects.
- Provide input on go / no-go decisions for production releases.
- Collaborate with QA Manager and project teams to develop, implement and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches and services.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Proficient at independently writing complex SQL queries.
- Fundamental knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts.
- 4+ years of QA experience in an IT environment.
- 4 years’ experience in Data Warehouse Testing.
- 4+ years of experience in testing analytical processes.
- QA Lead / Test Lead experience.
- Experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with SDLC (software development life cycle).
- Experience executing and coordinating integration, system, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work on concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Demonstrated ability to work in team-based environments.
- Analytical, detail oriented, self-motivated and adaptable.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) / Visual Studio Test Professional and Microsoft Test Manager are a plus.
- Knowledge of supply chain and logistics is a plus.
- Experience performing API testing is a plus.