Our client is a leading distributor of industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. As an essential business, they are currently experiencing significant growth and are a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
The Quality Assurance – Automation Engineer will design, develop and implement automated testing within the CI/CD process. Create and administer automated application testing.
- Design, develop, and implement automated testing and tooling solutions, primarily focused on Automated Functional and Regression Testing for projects and applications.
- Create, extend and maintain test automation libraries and frameworks.
- Provide test automation estimates and timelines for assigned projects.
- Create and maintain data sets to be used in test automation activities.
- Coordinate and manage automated testing efforts across concurrent projects.
- Ensure that test results are documented, evaluated, and disseminated; collaborate in troubleshooting issues.
- Incorporate Test automation into CI / CD process.
- Communicate and report on status of test automation activities.
- Collaborate with QA Manager and QA Team to develop, implement, and improve innovative QA capabilities, approaches and services.
- Contribute to awareness of the Test Automation function throughout IT and the business, communicating applicable testing practices and expectations.
- Work under moderate supervision with some latitude.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related discipline.
- 4+ years’ experience in Test Automation Development in SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) role.
- Java Script, C#, JScript, VB Script experience.
- Experience with source control tools such as GIT, TFS, SVN.
- Foundational understanding of SQL and databases.
- Experience in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Ability to manage work across concurrent projects, activities and tasks under time constraints.
- Self-motivated, organized and exacting.
- Scripting experience with TestComplete (SmartBear) or other GUI Test Automation tools is a plus.
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Foundation Server (TFS) test management tools / Visual Studio Test Professional, Microsoft Test Manager are a plus.
- Development background is a plus.