Our client is is best known for its plumbing products, but the company also manufactures furniture, cabinetry, tile, engines, and generators.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
Responsible for the coordination of publication requirements with Engineering Marketing and Technical Publications service parts illustration translation staff and/or vendors.
This is a long-term contract role as a TotalTek Consultant.
- Experience with XML and DITA authoring tools is REQUIRED. Authoring for reuse is REQUIRED. Experience with SAP is PREFERRED. Familiarity working with a tagged language XML/DITA is required. Requires familiarity with InDesign. Illustration experience with CAD or Pro/E Creo Adobe Illustrator or Arbortext IsoDraw a plus. Proficiency with database use and excel spreadsheets required. Candidate will use Astoria CMS Arbortext Epic Editor InDesign Windchill MS Project Online MS Teams and Office daily. Preference to candidates with this software experience.
1. Responsible for the coordination of publication requirements with Engineering Marketing and Technical Publications service parts illustration and translation staff for Kohler Sterling and other brands as identified.
2. Serves as the main contact for product teams for technical content and literature requirements for assigned literature projects. Completes qualification for all assigned literature projects.
3. Evaluates project scope and product timing needs then negotiates and sets required documentation production schedule.
4. Ensures the timely completion of assigned projects. Exhibits strong project leadership in the planning scheduling organizing and team implementation of these publications communicates and negotiates to appropriately apportion time and other resources.
5. Has initial development and quality responsibility for technical product literature as assigned – covering product information installation use and/or servicing.
6. Represents department in matters of technical content and usability of publications. Recommends and supports maintenance of technical communication requirements standards and processes for all publication products.
7. Maintains all project data including the determination of cost and timing parameters for projects and status notes.
8. Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned.
• Team is functioning in hybrid environment at this time (3 days onsite, 2 days offsite per week)
Our client is committed to the safety of their employees. Currently, all employees are working remotely. They are preparing for an eventual return to the office following CDC recommended safety measures.
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.