Our client has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
- Reducing internal machining scrap costs by implementing effective casting qualification Plan, direct and supervise between 20-25 direct labor employees who manufacture engine components and engine skids.
- Ensure a safe environment for employees through adherence to safety policies, assessing and eliminating hazards, improving housekeeping standards, conducting incident investigations and implementing corrective action.
- Plan and execute production schedules to meet production requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate inventory control of all WIP and FGI product within the department and minimizing inventory held through efficient planning and achievement of lower lead times
- Develop and realize productivity improvements through lean initiatives, Standard Work Instructions, and process improvements.
- Motivate, monitor and counsel employees regarding work-related issues and performance. Gage workforce skills and initiate cross training programs as necessary.
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing-related field is highly preferred.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Word and Excel; experience with an ERP system is preferred. Oracle systems experience a plus.
- Very good understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings.
- Experience with large CNC machine equipment or heavy manufacturing process is beneficial.
- 5 years minimum experience and a proven track record in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Previous experience managing and supervising in a union-represented environment is helpful.
- Knowledge of welding, heavy manufacturing machining, assembly processes and lean manufacturing methodology is a plus.
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.