Project Manager IV Location: Remote & MPK, CA
The Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) Business Enablement Team (BET) Project Management Office (PMO) has the responsibility of enabling capabilities to create a foundational and scalable the business end-to-end from research, prototypes to the movement of mass production products through supply chain to customers. This organization requires support in planning and executing new projects to improve current processes or bring new capabilities to life in close collaboration with cross-functional partners.
The various functions the team serves include Supply/Factory/Fulfillment Planning, Customer Operations, Order Management, Sourcing, Forward and Reverse Logistics, Trade and Compliance, Customer Service and Product Development Process. We are looking for a Project/Program Manager with Organizational Change Management background with extensive supply chain and operations experience preferably in consumer electronics with experience in delivering technical solutions.
- Support supply chain and operations teams through Project/Program/Change Management (PM/CM) to deliver business goals with measurable benefits through technical as well as non-system related business capabilities.
- Work with extensive cross-functional (XFN) teams within FRL and Facebook (including: tax, trade, finance, procurement, security, legal, IT, trade ops) to enable capabilities to scale the business in a sustainable way.
- Support portfolio planning and management, continuous pipeline management, capability planning and execution, portfolio realization while building standards/methods.
Project, Program & Organizational Change Mgmt
- Work with Cross-functional Partners to deliver projects from initiation through close within supply chain and operation functions.
- Implement program & change management frameworks, processes and templates “right-sized” for speed, scale, and seamless implementation (throughout the program cycle: design, plan, implement, stabilize, transition, close, and after action)
- Ability to connect the dots from strategic planning and building a portfolio to projects and benefit realization and be able to communicate and support and maintain the methodology to manage new capabilities and strategies
- Lead with change management thinking and incorporate into project plans through the life of the project including communications, understanding change impacts, road shows and training.
Cross-Functional XFN Collaboration / Communication
- Foster broad cross-functional collaboration and alignment within FRL and Facebook to drive communication, integrated planning and execution. Leverage organizational expertise and bandwidth.
- Conduct process improvement initiatives as it related to project scope. Ensure sustainability in new processes.
- Develop and maintain process documentation of current and future state.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Initiate projects by working with broad cross-functional or functional team members to develop business cases and gathering stakeholder support
- Develop cross functional project plans, including partnership with technology teams, vendors, and leaders
- Plan and lead XFN workshops as it related to project deliverables and improve processes and leverage organizational expertise & bandwidth. Manage outputs to drive business project results.
- Manage project deliverables, tracking timelines, communicating with stakeholders, and working to resolve issues
- Close out projects by successfully transitioning completed changes to the business, updating documentation and conducting an after action review.
Reporting & Level
This is a contract position and will report to the BET Portfolio & PMO Manager. No direct reports.
Skills and Competencies
- 8+ years proven experience initiating and executing highly cross-functional projects and programs, including technical application solutions.
- 8+ years in Supply Chain Operations experience (i.e. planning, sourcing, customer ops, logistics, trade, reverse logistics, customer support)
- 5+ years Org Change Management experience
- 5+ years leading extensive cross-functional (XFN) workshops
- 5+ years conducting process improvement assessments and implementations and driving qualitative and quantitative improvements
- Exceptional XFN communication abilities both in a matrix and with outside partners; ability to effectively persuade and influence
- Proven indirect leadership experience including coaching and teaching skills
- Able to understand end to end business process, operations and identify and understand issues, risks, and opportunities
- Excellent communications, presentation/facilitation skills; able to summarize clearly and concisely
- Creative, critical problem-solver
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, & Word
Education and Other Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree (MBA, MA) preferred
- Consumer electronics industry experience preferred
- Experience designing, establishing and managing portfolio planning and management within growing, matrixed organizations preferred
- PM/Change Management certification preferred: CIPM, PmP, PgMP, PfMP, ADKAR
- LEAN certified a plus
- Able to be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- Able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online