Our client is a leading distributor of industrial and packaging materials to businesses throughout North America. As an essential business, they are currently experiencing significant growth and are a proven industry leader that runs one of the largest e-commerce sites in the U.S.
The Platform Engineer helps create and scale an architecture enabling large amounts of data to be managed and leveraged effectively and ensures the reliability, stability, and availability of systems across a multi-datacenter environment. A critical role within IT, this role bridges the hardware-software boundary, writing code that runs straight on the bare metal and makes sure the hardware is doing what it is supposed to do.
- Gain solid understanding of the business process, workflows and data.
- Establish close partnership with the business.
- Work with project managers during scoping and requirements sessions.
- Gather requirements and design and deploy functionality to meet business requirements.
- Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents.
- Develop test cases and plans to complete the unit testing.
- Provide on-call support for production applications.
- Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
- Monitor application performance and improve response times.
- Configure application for the best performance.
- Plan for and apply application software patches.
- Become subject-matter expert (SME) on the software packages you are assigned to support.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 3+ years hands-on experience administering WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Tomcat, JBOSS with installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QOS and ICMP.
- Understanding of network hardware, including switches, routers, access points and basic network troubleshooting.
- Experience and/or familiarity with other technologies, such as RESTful over HTTP.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to collaborate effectively and excel in a team environment.
- Experience with CI/CD practice and tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Urbancode Deploy, Ansible is preferred.
- Experience with container orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker Swarm a plus.
- Knowledge of installing and supporting Red Hat Linux. Version 7.6 a plus.
Our client employees are working onsite. Client is committed to the safety of their employees and contractors. They have updated all operating policies to adhere to CDC recommended and WI mandated safety measures.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.