Our client has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
- Prepare mechanical layouts, assemblies and detail sketches as directed by stakeholder request (ECO, Other).
- Develop accurate design models using 2D and 3D design tools for interfacing with finite element analysis software, manufacturing process programming, and production drawing releases. (Pack & Go, sectioned assemblies, etc.)
- Analyze form, fit and function for the design change to ensure accurate execution.
- Provide component and material selections in-line with appropriate standards (ASME, SAE, MIL, other).
- Produce accurate and complete Engineering Change Order implementations (BOM, Item Master, ECO process, other).
- Associates degree in mechanical design engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five year’s experience in a mechanical designer role, seven plus years preferred.
- Self-starter with ability to work from marked prints, written directions and minimal verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5M GD&T dimensioning & tolerances and stack-up
- Experience with SolidWorks 3D & 2D modeling design tools, PLM, and AutoCAD 2D drafting software.
- Experience in heavy steel fabrication methods, weldment and machining drawings, AWS symbols and material allowances
- Experience with casting and forgings preferred
- Experience with hydraulic, cooling, exhaust systems integration preferred
- Process piping design, P&ID (ASME B31.3 preferred)
- Experience with conceptual solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required, Oracle (ERP) experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Occasional Travel – 5%
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.