Our client manufactures and supplies first-choice equipment for commercial kitchens including ovens (cook and hold, combitherm, and convection), holding cabinets, quickchillers, heated buffet servers, rotisseries, smokers, and fryers. Its well-known heated display cases allow vendors to show hot foods on multiple shelves while keeping the dishes warm. Customers include restaurants, hotels, schools, and grocery stores.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
Under the direction of and reporting to the NPI Engineering Manager, the Sr. Manufacturing Engineer New Product Introduction – ME III will be responsible for implementing new products into production. Delivering business value to achieve Safety, Quality, and operational performance expectations. This position will effectively utilize demonstrated working knowledge of Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering and Lean tool set principals across operations with a focus on improving internal/external customer-supplier relationships. Additionally, this role will focus on ensuring Design for Manufacturability throughout fabrication and assembly operations.. This is a direct hire role.
- Collaborates with Management, Engineering, Quality, Production Control, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, capacities, and production schedules to facilitate efficient processing
- Participate in cross functional design reviews with a focus on Design for Manufacturability
- Designs, develops, and tests various tools, fixtures, and equipment, recommended for optimizing manufacturing methods.
- Creates and maintains detailed work instructions and process controls to ensure standardized manufacturing processes.
- Identifies root cause and leads corrective action execution to improve quality and reduce scrap.
- Drives research, design, and continual development of manufacturing processes including production flow, methods and workmanship standards with data on cycle/takt- time and labor standards.
- Provides relevant feedback to the Design team with a continuous improvement mindset and Design for Manufacturability focus.
- Hands on participation in Alpha, Beta and Pre-Production builds.
- Provides training to production employees on procedures and workmanship standards.
- Understands and leads initiatives to instill safety and regulatory/standards compliance.
Education & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering related discipline required with 5+ years of experience associated with the fabrication/assembly of complex mechanical/electrical components and assemblies.
- Proficiency in reading engineering drawings, tolerances, schematics, BOMs, routings, and engineering change processes.
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis and systematic problem solving.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical skills and working knowledge of industrial engineering tools.
- Hands on assembly and or fabrication experience.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or similar and MS-Office (Word/Excel).
- Experience in a low volume / high mix manufacturing environment and/or appliance industry is desirable.
- Strong initiative and high energy with excellent communication.
- Effective in decision making with the ability to coach and inspire.
• Occasional (up to 10%) travel may be required based on business need.
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.