Manufacturing Engineer III
Summary: As a Manufacturing Engineer in Advanced Manufacturing – Alternator Strategy, you are responsible to push the needle, researching and implementing cutting edge, advanced technologies, to bring Company’s manufacturing processes to the next level. This position develops and improves manufacturing processes and product quality by studying product and emerging manufacturing methods, identifying areas of improvement, and working with manufacturing personnel to drive plans and initiatives to completion.
- Significant responsibility for area layouts, process definition, PLC programing; design/selection, justification, and implementation of equipment, programs, and tooling.
- Contribute to the implementation of the Company Fulfillment System (GFS) across the Order-to-Cash process (Plan, Source, Make, Deliver & Service).
- Responsible for leading and coordinating the successful launch of New Product Introductions (NPI) within Operations.
- Contribute to facility transformation, technology transfer and ongoing maintenance of mixed model lines or value streams.
- Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by implementing policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Implement demand driven principles and strategies that supports operational excellence and long range plans. (Flexibility, Speed & Responsiveness)
- Ensure product, material and information streams flow and are synchronized to produce maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation.
- Contribute to creation of innovative ideas to improve business results.
- Deploy standard Company tools, methodologies, standards, practices and processes.
- Implement objectives to include continuous improvement initiatives to achieve customer satisfaction and fulfillment needs.
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to promote ongoing Continuous Improvement of manufacturing methods, systems and controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology and 5+ years related experience in the Engineering function within a similar working environment;
- Proficiency in CAD (AutoCAD, Solid Works and/or ProE);
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of lean principles and process improvements;
- Diverse skills and experience leading projects;
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to achieve desired results;
- Experience operating in high mix, low volume and high volume, low mix production environments;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment.