Manufacturing Engineer II – Test Engineer
The is responsible for ongoing process improvement initiatives that deliver excellence across entire value chain. This position develops and improves manufacturing processes and product quality by studying product and manufacturing methods, identifying areas of improvement, and working with manufacturing personnel to ensure plans are implemented.
- Responsible for coordinating the successful launch of New Product Introductions (NPI) within Operations.
- Contribute to facility transformation, technology transfer and ongoing maintenance of mixed model lines or value streams.
- Ensure ongoing success of process improvement initiatives by implementing policies, procedures and process documentation.
- Implement demand driven principles and strategies that supports operational excellence and long range plans. (Flexibility, Speed & Responsiveness)
- Ensure product, material and information streams flow and are synchronized to produce maximum efficiencies and lowest cost of operation.
- Contribute to creation of innovative ideas to improve business results.
- Deploy standard Company tools, methodologies, standards, practices and processes.
- Implement objectives to include continuous improvement initiatives to achieve customer satisfaction and fulfillment needs.
- Work closely with shop floor personnel to promote ongoing continuous improvement of manufacturing methods, systems and controls.
- Responsible for area layouts, process definition, PLC programing, design/selection, justification, and implementation of equipment, programs, and tooling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology and 3-5 years related experience in the Engineering function within a similar working environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineer -- tool design
- Proficiency in CAD (AutoCAD, Solid Works and/or ProE);
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills;
- Knowledge of lean principles and process improvements;
- Diverse skills and experience leading projects;
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally to achieve desired results;
- Experience operating in high mix, low volume and high volume, low mix production environments;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution;
- Proven track record of successfully managing shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Manufacturing Engineering experience.