Our client is a leading pharmacy benefit manager. They continue to experience substantial growth by capitalizing on new and existing market opportunities and improved product offerings. Business growth and financial success are supported by the continued investment in technology, a commitment to operational excellence, and their workforce.
This position is responsible for managing the reporting team assigned to the Accounting and Analytics department. This position is accountable for ensuring continuity of data integrations and reporting services for both internal and external users through planning, technical leadership, and project coordination.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the performance of Integrations and Reporting staff to include participating in hiring, coaching, making effective use of work time, measuring employee productivity, and promoting employee development to include providing timely Catalytic Coaching.
- Manage the eligibility and external data exchange processes to ensure all incoming and outgoing files are processed in accordance with company, external client, and government entity service level objectives.
- Manage external and internal client reporting to ensure compliance within service level objectives.
- Develop and interpret department-specific, goals, policies, and procedures for the Reporting department and monitor compliance accordingly.
- Know and comply with company policies and regulations such as the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Manage execution of department specific projects, workstreams within corporate projects, and Reporting team resource allocation in conjunction with the Business Operations team.
- Anticipate the needs, develop recommendations, and oversee implementation, tracking mechanisms, and other management elements that ensure ongoing system maintenance.
- Oversee the work completed by the Reporting team to ensure it is completed accurately and efficiently and provide visibility on team efficiency to leadership team.
- Integrate PBM business acumen and systems thinking best practices with technological solutions to provide meaningful solutions to business leaders. Regularly meet with business leaders to ensure business needs are met.
- Work with business areas to manage intake of reporting and integration requests and system requirements.
- Forecast costs, equipment, and personnel needs for projects and programs in response to leadership’s business strategy. Make recommendations accordingly.
- Stay abreast of the latest and relevant developments in information systems and technology and remain technically competent at all levels of data analytics and project management.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of related experience including previous experience managing employees.
- Extensive experience managing complex IT initiatives to superior results, including hands-on experience across a broad range of technologies.
- Experience managing and supporting Microsoft SQL Server.
- Successful track record in managing 3rd party IT vendor relationships.
- Previous healthcare or third party administrator experience is preferred.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office Professional, including Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and analytical skills to include the use of mathematical concepts to validate results, and the ability to work independently to assess available information, draw conclusions and understandings, and present such conclusions effectively to management.
- Demonstrated ability to manage work – resources and time to meet department objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to show initiative and exercise judgment.
- Respect and discipline for confidentiality.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to include coaching, responsiveness, persuasiveness, and diffusing conflict.
- Ability to read and understand common benefit terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and influence people and get results through others.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Detail oriented and produce accurate results.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, evaluate, and select talent; set performance expectations, and manage employment decisions.
- Client office is open and adheres to CDC guidelines.
- This role is onsite along with a limited crew of essential team members.
- Ultimately, client hopes to return to office.