About TotalTek Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, TotalTek Engineering is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing preventative maintenance and responding to facility and manufacturing equipment maintenance & repair. Our facility is expanding, which provides the opportunity to be involved in new line and/or new product start-ups and development of maintenance department process and procedure development.
- Complete maintenance on all production lines, which includes coffee roasting equipment, conveyers, forklifts, and high speed packaging line equipment to minimize downtime.
- Assist in the scheduling and responsible for performing preventative maintenance on all equipment.
- Ability to communicate with PLCs, robots, and other processors.
- Involved in new line start-ups, new product or packaging testing process, and installations.
- Partner with production line operators to meet production schedules, including troubleshooting. and identification of root cause issues and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Demonstrate a leadership position within the company to assist and teach operators basic preventative maintenance procedures and adjustments to settings to improve efficiency.
- Assist production line team during equipment tear down, sanitation and reassembly process to ensure proper execution of procedures and minimization of downtime or changeover process time.
- Identify process improvements resulting in cost savings, efficiency improvements, and quality or safety improvements.
- Communicate and coordinate with outside vendors as needed.
- Responsible for facility maintenance and ensuring safe work conditions.
- Assist other areas of production or equipment operators as needed.
- Maintain proper documentation and record keeping, including data entry in computer system.
- Removing, issuing, or notifying the need spare parts.
- Provide on-call support, as required.
- Associates Degree in a related field is highly preferred, high school diploma or GED required. Related technical training or education is strongly preferred.
- Food processing or packaging industry experience strongly preferred.
- Understanding of food safety, workplace safety, and food quality standards is strongly preferred.
- Previous maintenance technician or maintenance mechanic experience, preferably in a food or similar manufacturing environment.
- Electrical, automation and controls maintenance and PLC experience preferred
- Ability to perform all essential functions of the position.
- Ability to work 6pm-6am on a 2/2/3 schedule required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.