About TotalTek Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, TotalTek is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assists in performing and maintaining records of all Preventative Maintenance (PMs) on all manufacturing equipment to enable all production requirements to be met with minimal production down time
- Assists in performing and maintaining records of all building maintenance as instructed including, but not limited to electrical, mechanical and remodeling projects
- Develops productive relationships with outside vendor resources and partners including, but not limited to: groundskeepers, roofers, pavers, machinery and equipment suppliers, plumbers, electricians, fire and police departments as directed by the Maintenance and Facilities Manager
- Develops a working knowledge of and performs all lockout/tagout duties and maintains procedure documents, records and equipment as instructed
- Assists in coordination of annual safety training including, but not limited to: lockout/tagout, bloodborne pathogens and hazardous materials (SDS/GHS) to ensure employee safety and compliance with OSHA requirements
- Maintains certification as a fork lift operator and safely operates and maintains forklift equipment
- Promotes a safe work environment by performing all work activities in a safe manner and in compliance with safety rules and OSHA regulations
- Participates in and makes suggestions for Safety Toolbox Talks for manufacturing department
- Assists with ordering and maintaining stock of first aid and safety supplies
- Assists in the coordination and participates in First Responder Emergency Response Team
- Assists in the installation, repair and maintenance all security equipment such as entrance gates, cameras and lighting
- Learns and practices Lockout/Tagout procedures and documents and follows all safety instructions and rules
- Runs errands and picks up supplies, tools and equipment as directed using company vehicles
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires education equivalent to a High School Diploma
- Requires at least 5 years of hands on work experience in a fast-paced, team environment for a manufacturing business
- Requires the development of a working knowledge of basic welding, lifting, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic equipment
- Requires the ability to learn and understand the product line, the interactions between product components and the metal fabrication and assembly process
- Requires the ability to use hand tools and power tools safely
- Requires a good understanding and knowledge of electricity.
- Requires the development of research, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills and the ability and desire to participate in the development and implementation of practical solutions
- Requires the ability to complete forklift training and maintain certification and a good safety record in the operation of equipment
- Requires the ability to become a certified forklift trainer and certify all material handlers on the safe operation of forklift equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.