Job Title: IT Manufacturing Systems Analyst
# Positions: 1
Overview: Reports to the IT Manager, providing systems and application support
The IT Manufacturing Systems Analyst is a service oriented, positive, forward thinking team member, who is responsible for implementing and supporting solutions to meet business-related requirements. Under the direction of the IT Manager, the Systems Analyst will provide a wide range of support utilizing the system development lifecycle from start to finish, root cause analysis, configuration/development and operational support for the manufacturing processes, which includes managing day-to-day system activities and operational processes. This role requires the candidate to act as a liaison between a third party support team and end users to ensure technical compatibility and satisfaction of deliverables, while writing and maintaining detailed system documentation, including configuration specifications, functional specifications, and technical specification
The Manufacturing Systems Analyst must develop an understanding of the manufacturing processes in order to support, implement, and improve operations and create efficiencies.
- Exercise professionalism and great judgment in developing and maintaining excellent business relationships.
- You are serious about results, and take pride in a proven track record in delivering.
- You are a motivated leader that can inspire others; you are able to obtain optimal results from your team through respect and development.
- Collaborate with the business areas to define business needs and gather requirements to implement system solutions.
- Prioritizing business requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval.
- Work with department leadership to create an open dialog to determine issues and derive enhancement priorities.
- Ability to complete complex projects quickly and adeptly with your understanding of the business priorities. You act with appropriate urgency to various market events and trends that require quick turnaround in plans and strategy.
- Implement system solutions utilizing the system development lifecycle and project management methodologies.
- Continually identify business process improvements and support the business in attaining the highest levels of productivity.
- Contribute to strategy sessions and help guide business management to the best technical solution.
- Ensure the plants can monitor real time production metrics and overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Experience with systems integration to plant floor systems
- Experience with MES Application a plus.
- Experience working within a Manufacturing/Production Environment.
- Configure and develop systems based on requested changes.
- Utilize change management methodology and ensure the appropriate documentation is completed.
- Partner with vendors and third party support teams to resolve system issues, develop enhancements and project tasks.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems as required.
- Research and design new computer systems and frameworks.
- Oversee the daily performance of applications and provide client support through the service desk ticket management system.
- Be on-call to support mission critical systems.
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Create detailed test plans and lead the creation of test cases.
- Assist in risk mitigation planning.
- Creating system guidelines and manuals for the organization.
- Run training sessions and workshops on system processes.
- Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in IT and/or Business or equivalent work experience is required.
- Skills in: project management, customer service, communications skills, facilitation, leadership, analytics, and data modeling.
- Able to utilize SDLC and Project Management methodologies.
- Must have strong analytical skills and must have attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills and the ability to work independently as well as in a positive team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships.
- Have the ability to adapt to a constantly changing manufacturing environment.
- The ability to quickly learn new system solutions.
- The ability to design now solutions to meet the needs of the users.
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge is beneficial
- Working knowledge of data extraction and related communication standard of OPC.
- Experience with MES Application a plus.
- Oracle database knowledge is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.