Data governance is the formal orchestration of people, process, and technology to enable the organization to leverage data as an enterprise asset. The Global MDM Data Analyst will be responsible for supporting our implementation of SAP S4/HANAA and other MDM transformation efforts to develop globally harmonized data standards and improve business processes to ensure we maintain ‘one data source of truth’ and robust data governance. While ownership lives within the respective business functions, this position will support efforts to sustain data governance on an ongoing basis.
The analyst must be able to think critically and tackle complex requests. Successful candidates will have experience with S4/HANA and Master Data Governance (MDG) and the ability to understand business requirements. This role is ideal for an individual who has a passion for using data to enable decision-making in a corporate environment and is comfortable working autonomously and professionally to meet deadlines. This role requires extensive experience in Microsoft Excel.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Global MDM Data Analyst is responsible for supporting, monitoring, and analyzing master data within the organization. Responsible for developing reporting solutions to help improve decisions for the organization, design and produce user-friendly intelligence reporting, business metrics, reports, dashboards, and data solutions.
- Support implementation of S4/HANA and MDG by validating multiple variations of Pre-load and Post-load reports; including Material Master Data, Classification Data, and List of Value (LOV) tables.
- Support MDM Team in building out best practice approach to manage reporting and analytics.
- Ensure data integrity by performing routine monthly audits to check for completeness, conformity, and consistency.
- Develop and document processes with support of Domain Leaders to create business processes.
- Assist in the creation of Data Cleansing files for the business owners.
- Update Cleansing Tracker weekly to ensure forward progress in Cleansing initiatives.
- Administer MDM dashboards and data visualization within the PowerBI tool.
- Collaborate with MDM Leads to maintain content within MDM SharePoint Library.
Education and Experience Profile
The position requires a combination of technical and operations education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Operations, Data Science, or relevant disciplines required
- 3-6 years of experience in Master Data Management or equivalent required
- Preferred 2+ years of experience with Visual Analytics tools (Power BI)
- 2+ years of experience in supporting SAP Implementation and/or Master Data Management (MDM)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective project planning and resource coordination experience
- Excellent documentation skills required
- Must be comfortable interacting with management of all levels
- Able to participate in project work as both a SME and performer
- Microsoft Office expertise, especially with Excel and Pivot Tables
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Ability to develop & maintain strong relationships with cross-functional groups
- Experience working with data sets from multiple sources
- Extreme attention to detail
- English proficiency
- Ability to operate in a changing environment and respond positively to change
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Option for Remote.