- This person will be responsible for software and firmware development for a Mid Market Building Automation System and other HVAC controls products.
- Design & Develop product enhancements for the Mid Market BAS system
- Work with the support team and product manager to investigate field found issues
- Coordinate investigations and bug fixes with other software engineering staff
- Implement solutions in accordance with the existing system architecture
- Adhere to software development best practices such as coding standards, unit testing, static analysis, etc.
- Advanced software design and programming experience in C / C++
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Experience with Linux OS Environment & embedded development tools
- Experience with Git, GitHub, Cmake, Bitbake
- Experience with software development and troubleshooting of distributed systems
- Experience creating and documenting high-level and detailed software designs
- Experience with Agile / Scrum Software Development Processes and SAFe framework
- Experience developing and working with IoT Devices and Azure or other cloud platforms
- Knowledge of the BACnet communications protocol
- Experience with the Renesas HEW development environment and Renesas processors / Unison OS
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity issues (i.e. Secure Boot) and security mitigation techniques
- Experience with the Rust programming language
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience with the Yocto Project
- Knowledge of Docker
- Experience static analysis Tools, Automated Test tools
- Advanced knowledge of Excel / Pivot Tables / Power BI
- Experience with Python programming
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science and 3-5 years of software engineering experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with the proven ability to interact with other disciplines outside of engineering.