Sr. Java Developer
- Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs using Angular and Java.
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Demonstrates working software to project stakeholders.
- Writes technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- May deliver informational and decision-seeking presentations to technical and business groups to internal and/or external audiences.
- Performs additional related duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related discipline; or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level.
- Experience with Angular (including AngularJS and Angular2)
- Java Spring Boot and RESTful API development
- Experience with AWS Lambdas, S3, and other resource types highly preferred
- Experience with relational databases (e.g., Microsoft SQL Server)
- In-depth understanding of design patterns and their application
- Fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
- Knowledge of Black Knight products and services; in-depth knowledge of products and services in assigned line(s) of business is desired but not required
- Knowledge of financial services industry is desired but not required
- Knowledge of banking practices, regulations, and operations within assigned line(s) of business is desired but not required
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design-based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- Requires in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices