Our client was the first to engineer affordable home standby generators, along with the first engine developed specifically for the rigors of generator use, and is now the #1 manufacturer of home backup generators.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
- Designs, validates, and brings new products to market.
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of increasingly complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of increasingly complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize increasingly complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs).
- Acts as a resource to mentor and teach less experienced engineers.
- May lead small cross-functional project teams;
- Ensures success cross-functionally;
- Actively coaches colleagues with less experience;
- Offer recommendations and implement solutions;
- Take ownership of designs;
- Participates in standards and procedure development;
- Leading efforts to improve the financial impact of engineering activities on the businesses and thorough understanding of how other functions impact the business
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- Ability to perform detail oriented work with a high degree of accuracy on multiple projects of increasing complexity
- Design experience with a variety of materials (ie plastics, aluminum castings, sheet metal) and basic knowledge of material specs and use;
- Experience in new product design and development;
- Ability to conduct analysis using FEA, CFD, etc;
- Active participant in technical communities tied to industry standards or regulations;
- Strong written communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to translate technical information to all audiences;
- Applies engineering knowledge and experience to improve products, services and processes;
- Able to solve complex engineering problems;
- Strong technical skills to include 3D modeling (ProE or SolidWorks);
- Experience with machine design;
- Previous experience with SAP or equivalent ERP.