Our client was the first to engineer affordable home standby generators, along with the first engine developed specifically for the rigors of generator use, and is now the #1 manufacturer of home backup generators.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
- Develop power inverters and dc-dc converters according to product requirements.
- Gate-drive development for Silicon and SiC components.
- Support hardware evaluation, development, design, and validation process.
- Simulate power converters and systems.
- Contribute to the development of our future product roadmaps and strategies.
- Conduct Risk Assessments, FMEA/DFMEA and Design Reviews;
- Support product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize complex and advanced designs for manufacturability.
- Mentor and teach less experienced engineers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or directly equivalent degree
- 10 years of relevant work experience or advanced degree equivalency in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years of work or project experience in the design and development of power electronics
- 1 year experience with Matlab Simulink
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or directly equivalent degree
- 2 years of experience with power generation products
- 2 years of experience in design of industrial/automotive power converters and assemblies
- Experience with designing to meet agency compliance such as UL, CSA, NEC, CE, FCC, NFPA and EPA