Our client has been powering the world forward with innovative distributed power generation solutions that deliver optimal performance in a wide range of applications from base load and standby in municipal, nuclear, and institutional facilities to locomotive engines, and naval and commercial-class ship propulsion and shipboard power.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
- Prepare contract engineering submittals, reports, procedures, design drawings, and bills of
materials for both diesel engine and generator operations.
- Review and update electrical drawings, manuals/schematics, P&IDs and instrumentation
drawings as required.
- Prepare interconnect drawings for integrated systems
- Maintain and support Allen Bradley PLC based engine and generator set control software
- Provide test stand support which includes troubleshooting electrical and control systems and
factory acceptance testing
- Assist manufacturing with design related assembly issues
- Attain proficiency in the design and troubleshooting of diesel engine and generator controls
- Ancillary work will include temporary assistance for other engineers, sales proposal work,
Field Service, and other related tasks
- Occasional travel within the US and International. Travel will include training, commissioning
engines on ship, and shipyard visits.
- BS in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in electrical power is required. Emphasis in controls is a plus.
- Applicant will be required on occasion to assist in testing and troubleshooting energized electrical control wiring such as found in control and instrument transformers (240 volt and 5 amps). Strong preference is given to applicant with some demonstrated capability for this skill.
- PLC programming skill is a must, preferably Allen Bradley
- Experience with generator applications, alternator applications, and load banks.
- Experience with protective relaying and high voltage up to 34.5kV a plus.
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in work related to electrical power and controls preferred.
- Occasional Travel – 10%
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.