The Data Architect is responsible for the design, development and lifecycle maintenance and big data solutions including requirement analysis, reference architecture development and platform/tool selection. The Data Architect will also be responsible for overseeing development and ensuring the architecture design is implemented. The Data Architect will also participate in incidents and enhancements related to the system, advise on short term fixes as well as modify the architecture for long term stability. The Data Architect will also design and develop adequate monitoring and alerts to proactively identify problems in quality and performance of the data platform/product. The Data Architect will also work with data and analytics leaders to identify solutions that meet the changing data needs of the company and assist with prototype development of such solutions. The individual is expected to have deep expertise with big data solutions and diverse data needs of the company in analytics and data science. It is expected that the individual stay current with new technologies and vendor solutions in the marketplace today. This position provides opportunities for domestic and international travel.
General Objective: Technical advisor of the design, implementation and maintenance of computer systems and/or programs to increase business effectiveness, solve problems and create new opportunities to assist in achievement of business goals. Prepare business strategy material and capable of presenting to upper management. Develop and monitor policies, procedures, and standards documents. Provide on–call escalation support of systems. Establish service level agreements with customers. Establish and review capacity, utilization and other performance. Capable of participating in multiple concurrent development projects. Subject matter expert in many disciplines within many functional systems areas. Collaborates directly with all management levels and project leaders to determine system objectives and solutions. Provides updates to Change Management Team. May act as a mentor. Provides technical direction to IT staff in the performance of assigned projects. Direct interaction with business unit’s senior/executive management on technical matters.
- Provide spirited positive leadership in the design and implementation of systems projects.
- Challenge obsolete practices, question accepted truths, and eliminate non-value-added processes. Develop practical systems scope that enhances the business function. Control the project scope, resources, and quality within budget and schedule to meet objectives.
- Provide analysis, counsel, and direction to management and personnel of operating units to analyze problems and develop solutions, as well as assure efficient operation of existing systems. Maintain an understanding of business processes and the implications of computer systems on these processes.
- Direct, schedule, coordinate, and evaluate the efforts of information technology, user and vendor personnel assigned to a specific systems project. May directly supervise and be accountable for a small team.
- Prepare and conduct project review meetings and management presentations including general design review, project scheduling, test plan, system and program tactics and methods, system controls, procedures, systems documentation, and system implementation plan.
- Prepare and publish systems project status reports. Comply with systems development methodology, standards, procedures, guidelines, priorities, and schedules.
- Develop high-level system specifications. Assist in developing system documentation. Advise on user procedures. Assist in the preparation of general test plan. Coordinate system tests.
- Participate in educational programs and professional societies involving supervisory skills, computing technology and systems methodologies. Seek ways to expand business knowledge.
- Conduct educational programs involving company personnel relating to computing technology and specific projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology strongly preferred
- 10-12 years IT experience including 4-6 years showing success as a technical lead in a Big Data or Data Warehousing Environment
- Significant depth of expertise and track record of accomplishments in data and analytics
- Experience in utilizing Data warehouse Architecture and Delta Lake architecture is a must
- Experience utilizing Azure Stack for data analytics platforms(Data Factory, Data Lake, Machine Learning, SQL Warehouse, Data Bricks, Power BI, Azure Analysis Services, Event hubs)
- Experience in Logical, Conceptual and Physical modeling and solution architecture for Business Analytics Environments which involve data ingestion from multiple environments and sources (eg. Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, IoT, Third party API’s, MDM etc)
- Experience in Devops/Data Ops, Monitoring of Cloud Environments and developing alerts using solutions such as Azure Logic Apps
- Experience with Python, PySpark, SQL is required