Our client manufactures and supplies first-choice equipment for commercial kitchens including ovens (cook and hold, combitherm, and convection), holding cabinets, quickchillers, heated buffet servers, rotisseries, smokers, and fryers. Its well-known heated display cases allow vendors to show hot foods on multiple shelves while keeping the dishes warm. Customers include restaurants, hotels, schools, and grocery stores.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
Reports directly to the Continuous Improvement Manager. Responsible for all aspects of Continuous Improvement. This is a direct hire role.
- Self directed management of continuous improvement initiatives
- Facilitate Kaizen Events and manage output of teams through the use of CI strategies/tools
- Lead Lean Manufacturing initiatives employing strategies/tools to measurably improve performance—such as Kaizen, process mapping, systematic problem solving, visual management, flow, and error proofing among others
- Ability to drive numerous CI projects simultaneously while meeting action item deliverables and schedules
- Effectively communicate with and involve all associates, production leadership, and indirect functions – Quality, Engineering, Purchasing, Shipping, Parts & Service, etc.
- Champion a culture of Continuous Improvement through leading by example
- Coach others in understanding and application of Lean strategies/tools
- Identify gaps in organizational performance and lead the transformation of existing processes
- Drive the use of new technology that can be shown to benefit the organization
- Work closely with process owners to ensure improvement gains are sustained
- Other duties as required
Education & Skills Required
- B.S. Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering degree or related discipline preferred OR 8-10 years experience driving Continuous Improvement efforts in lieu of education.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience driving Continuous Improvement Projects across functions, utilizing diverse Lean methods
- Experience with Kaizen Facilitation demonstrating proven and sustained results
- Able to provide examples of significant improvements (Kaizens) designed, executed, and sustained
- Systematic problem solving/project management approach
- Superior communication (objectively substantiated) and relational skills
- Clear understanding of performance drivers and how to generate quantified results
- Advanced data analysis capacity
- Skills in effective summarization/conclusion and outlining recommendations
• Occasional (up to 10%) travel may be required based on business need.
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.