The Data Analyst is responsible for designing, creating and executing analytical products including standard reporting, custom reporting, import/export data files and simulation models. The Data Analyst will work with staff to produce reports that provide valuable insight for all areas of the business to enable continuous business improvements with current practices, products and services.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop and execute standard reports, custom reports, and data files using AS/400 and MS SQL Server data query tools and provide to users.
2. Interpret data and analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
3. Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
4. Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
5. Initially validate results to ensure data integrity of the reports and/or files produced.
6. Work with internal customers on custom data reporting and file requests to define requirements, create queries to meet requirements, conduct testing, and any import/export processes.
7. Establish and document report data formatting, delivery methods, and maintenance procedures.
8. Work with clients to establish eligibility data exchange and write data mapping specifications for custom file layouts, including testing data files with a vendor, defining profiles, and documenting procedures.
9.Support corporate initiatives and projects related to data requests and analytical products.
10.rain internal and external users on reporting tools and provide ongoing support.
11. Work with external customers and system vendors to coordinate data file transfers.
12. Submit routine reports to the internal staff and executive team as requested.
13. Devote up to 10% of the time providing quality management reporting for the other business unit(s).
14.Complete other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Information Technology, Mathematics, and/or Statistics or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of experience authoring SQL queries and using report writing tools with SSRS experience. (preferred)
- Prior pharmacy/medical claim data reporting and analysis. (preferred)
- Adaptable to change and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Technical expertise with data modeling, database design, and data mining. Strong problem analysis skills to include the use of mathematical concepts to validate results.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, disseminate, and present significant amounts of information with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional.
- Clear and concise communication with superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Manage and prioritize work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Sitting for extended time periods (between 8-10 hours/day).
- Operate typical office equipment such as a computer, telephone