Our client manufactures and supplies first-choice equipment for commercial kitchens including ovens (cook and hold, combitherm, and convection), holding cabinets, quickchillers, heated buffet servers, rotisseries, smokers, and fryers. Its well-known heated display cases allow vendors to show hot foods on multiple shelves while keeping the dishes warm. Customers include restaurants, hotels, schools, and grocery stores.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
Procure assigned direct and indirect commodities ensuring acceptable quality parts are obtained at the lowest total cost of ownership while minimizing supply disruptions, minimizing inventory and improving material flow. This position is responsible for impacting ongoing supplier delivery and quality metrics. Analyzes and monitors daily MRP and other replenishment systems to support Alto-Shaam production systems. Works closely with internal stakeholders to ensure a high level of Purchasing support. .
- Ensure the timely delivery of raw materials to limit disruption to manufacturing operations and service while achieving the lowest possible cost of ownership for Alto-Shaam.
- Analyze MRP, reorder points, and service requirements, and provide supply base with material requirements via purchase orders and blanket releases.
- Ensure suppliers meet delivery requirements through regular follow-up and proactive expediting.
- Lead purchasing activities for site specific services; including executing the development, preparation, solicitation, analysis, business case presentation, and recommendation of providers. Responsible for ensuring quality, minimizing total cost of ownership, business continuity, and mitigating financial risk.
- Balance inventory to both support manufacturing requirements and achieve lean inventory objectives.
- Maintain system database of planning and procurement parameters to ensure the replenishment methods are reflective of current business conditions and support a management by exception approach.
- Manage engineering changes to support production and service while minimizing excess and obsolete material.
- Resolve supplier non-conformance issues and get to root cause and problem resolution utilizing established problem solving methods and supplier quality processes.
- Develop and execute strategies to create inbound transportation efficiencies across all site specific suppliers, including exploration of returnable packaging; resulting in lower total cost of ownership.
- Maintain good supplier relations and represent Alto-Shaam in a professional and ethical manner while driving suppliers to meet delivery and quality expectations.
- Coach and mentor those that are less experienced in the department.
- Act as process owner for applicable SOP’s on behalf of the Purchasing function.
- All duties as required.
Education & Skills Required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in purchasing, materials management, or supply management in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelors’ degree required. Emphasis in Business, Supply Chain, or Operations Management preferred.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated experience in the use of best practices in Supply Chain Management. CPSM or APICS certification preferred.
• Occasional (up to 10%) travel may be required based on business need.
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.