About TotalTek Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, TotalTek is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Travels to customer locations to oversee and assist with installation, start-up and service processes to ensure safe and accurate installation and operation of all VRC equipment on time and in accordance with company procedures and policies and customer requirements
- Provides phone support to all customers to assist with installation, start-up, troubleshooting, repair and operation of all VRC equipment in accordance with company procedures and policies and customer requirements
- Communicates installation, start-up and service information in a clear, concise, courteous and professional manner ensuring that all instructions are followed correctly and in accordance with company procedures
- Ensures all safety rules are followed in all aspects of the installation, start-up and service processes
- Performs post-project analysis and provides feedback to Service, Engineering, Sales and Operations departments regarding equipment or design revisions, component performance, project scope and customer recommendations or concerns
- Follows all company procedures to ensure consistency and organization in all aspects of the service process to provide the best possible result
- Alerts Product Support Manager of any concerns or issues and assists in the resolution as directed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires education generally equivalent to an Associate Degree in Electronic, Hydraulic or Mechanical Technology or a related discipline
- Requires at least 5 years work experience in a Field Service Technician role, preferably in a heavy equipment or material handling industry
- Requires the ability to travel 60-80% of all work time
- Requires a valid driver license in good standing
- Requires the ability to read manuals, engineering drawings and schematics
- Requires computer literacy and the ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) proficiently
- Requires 3+ years of experience in Allen-Bradley Micrologix installation and troubleshooting
- Requires the ability to learn and develop proficiency in M2K ERP software
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.